Financial : Government - Regional
Examples of completed
financial assignments include:
Boundary Bay Airport and
District of Delta:
Development opportunity study for Boundary Bay Airport (aviation
and non-aviation lands).
- Fraser River Port Authority:
- Development opportunity study for 650 acre
industrial park in south-east Richmond, B.C.
- Financial analyses of alternate development
strategies accommodating a 400,000 sq.ft. warehouse on a 25
acre site on the Port’s South Fraser Lands (leasing
vs. joint venture development options).
- Financial model to assist in formulation
of joint venture agreement with Taiwanese development corporation
developing 450 acres of the port’s Fraser Richmond lands,
- Development opportunity study (including
detailed financial analyses and land valuation) for 650 acre
port terminal and industrial development, southeast Richmond.
- Land use and development strategy study
plus port financial computer model to evaluate the optimum
use and management of lands owned and administered by the
Land valuation and disposition strategy analyses
for GVRD surplus lands, Bowen Island.
Development strategy planning, golf course industry
leaders focus groups, investment analyses and land valuation for golf
course, RV park and other uses at Tynehead East Regional Park, Surrey.
North Fraser Terminals Inc.:
Business plan for 45 acre marine transhipment
and industrial park.
North Fraser Port Authority:
Determine value of leasehold estate for proposed
$130 million casino development on NFPA lands, North Richmond.
Pitt Meadows Airport Society:
Marketing strategy for aviation and non-aviation
land uses (agriculture, industrial, business park, office, residential,
marina, hotel and retail) at the Pitt Meadows Airport.
Provincial Capital Commission:
- Port North Fraser:
- For North Fraser Terminals Inc., financial
analyses and development strategy analyses for the acquisition
and development of the 40 acre Canfor Lands in south Vancouver.
- Feasibility study for 330 berth marina in
Marpole Basin area of North Arm of Fraser River.
- Valuation of leasehold lands for proposed
$130 million casino devopment, Marpole Basin, North Richmond.
- Financial analyses of 20 acre industrial
development, Number 6 Road and River Road, Richmond.
- Corporate financial planning model
Market and financial analyses to assess the potential
for P-3 strategies to develop a new ferry terminal on Belleville Street,
Providence Health Care:
In association with Richard Peddie & Associates
and the DOM Group, examined P-3 strategies to generate revenues to
pay for the expansion of office and laboratory facilities at St. Paul's
and Mount Saint Joseph's Hospitals in Vancouver, BC.
Regional District of Port Alberni:
- Rapid Transit Project 2000 Ltd.:
- Assessment of development incentives to
attract developers plus market and financial analyses to build
mixed use developments adjacent to four West Broadway SkyTrain
station sites and in the process be able to contribute station
access lands to the Rapid Transit Project.
- Development of financial computer model
to evaluate alternate locations for LRT station sites
Analysis of the financial feasibility of government
versus private developers providing a 22,000 sq.ft. multi-purpose
building for the Regional District.
Vancouver International Airport (YVR):
Evaluation of development potential for an industrial
park at the Airport, comparing YVR develops the park, joint ventures
development or leases land to industrial park developers.
- Vancouver Port Corporation:
- Preparation of Port 2010 Land Use Plan and
Land Management Program, setting forth the Port’s policies
and development programs to the year 2010.
- Market and financial analyses to assess
the implications of acquiring the 100 acre Fullerton Fill
site for upland industrial and business park uses plus a waterfront
general cargo or specialty commodity terminal (potential joint
venture development with BC Rail).
- Preparation of proposal call for use of
Pod #3, Roberts Bank, Delta
- Financial analysis of the potential to acquire
the Versatile Shipyard site for redevelopment to mixed use
urban (residential, office and retail) and marine industrial
- Financial analyses of alternate sales strategies
for the sale of Maplewood lands to United Properties
- Development opportunity analysis for Berry
Point lands, North Burnaby
- Development opportunity analysis for Maplewood
lands, District of North Vancouver.
- Whistler Millennium Place: for the
Whistler Skiers Chapel Society, financial analyses of proposed
multi-purpose building (teen centre, music/arts room, daycare
centre, chapel, 300 seat performance space, office, lounge).